Your Family Law Lawyers
THE PATHWAY LEGAL PROMISE:
Over the last 25 years, we have developed a unique and powerful method that sees families to an efficient resolution of their family law matter:
1. Court as a Last Resort: We use court as a last resort rather than a first in order to save you time, stress, and money. We believe that families do not belong in court and although we are very experienced in the courtroom, we avoid court when possible. Let’s keep you, your children, and your finances out of the high-cost of court.
2. We get you to the goal! Having an unresolved family matter is stressful for you, the client. At Pathway Legal, we get it! That is why we do not waste your time. Each time you meet with your lawyer, you will see your case progress and be closer to finalizing your legal matter. We get you closer to the Goal of Resolution With Each and Every Appointment with your lawyer.
3. Transparent Billing Practices: We believe in transparent billing practices. You already know that each time you meet with us your case will move forward. As a result, you get an account whenever we do any substantial work on your matter. You know EXACTLY where you stand at all times. If you have a question or concern about your account, we are happy to deal with it upfront.
4. Flat Fees: Most lawyers are resistant to billing clients for flat fees. Because we are a client-centred law firm and know that clients want to know exactly how much legal services will cost, we offer flat-fee billing wherever we can.
5. Love: At Pathway Legal, we believe in Love, all kinds of love. This can mean the fact that you and our ex-spouse did, at one time, love each other. It can mean the love you have for your kids. It can mean the love you have for your friends, or even your canine. At Pathway Legal, love also means we believe in nurturing the relationship we have with you, our client. Unlike almost every other lawyer out there, your Pathway Legal lawyer will do most of their work on your matter with you present. Although we know a lot about family law, we recognize that it is you that is the true expert about what is most important for you and your changing family. We believe that the best legal work is done when we, as your legal guides, are connected directly to you, and your concerns as we co-create your legal matter. We also share every piece of correspondence, letter, and document with you so you are never left in the dark. You and us, we are a team together.
6. Highly-skilled lawyers with dedicated Dispute Resolution Training: In order to qualify to be a lawyer at Pathway Legal, our lawyers have to commit to taking highly specialized dispute resolution training, a lot of it. This training goes way beyond anything lawyers ever learned in law school and is focused upon making the lawyers highly skilled negotiators, mediators, and focused upon a resolution of your matter based on your interests. This includes learning skills and strategies for respectful and compassionate communication, not only for you, but for the other party. When we say we use court as a last resort, we mean it.
7. Demystifying Family Law: Your family law matter does not have to be complicated, expensive, or overwhelming. You are entitled to a clear-cut understanding of not only your rights, but your obligations. You are also entitled to an understanding of the legal process itself. You are entitled to know the BEST method we recommend that will get to the final resolution and outcome that you need. Whether you proceed with mediation, a four-way meeting, collaborative law, or mediation/arbitration, there are unique steps that need to be taken in each process. We don’t leave you guessing, We share with you the steps (some would say the recipe) we take to see your matter resolved!
Pathway Legal’s Unique Method
We are your guides to assist you at this challenging time in your life’s journey.
Pathway Legal is for you if you are going through a divorce or separation and:
- You want a law firm that uses court only when necessary and as a very last resort; or
- You want a working relationship with your lawyer where you work together as a team with a hands-on approach;
- You want to understand what your entitlements and obligations are in relation to your family law matter and having it resolved; you also want advice and guidance as to the best available method to seeing your matter finalized.
- You want a lawyer that has clear billing practices; or
- You want a lawyer who has extra training in dispute resolution and negotiation;
Pathway Legal is NOT for you if you are going through a divorce or separation and:
- You prefer to have an “old-fashioned” kind of lawyer that remains “objective” and distanced from what is important for you and your family’s unique situation; or
- You don’t care how much it costs, you just want your ex-spouse to pay and suffer for the hurt they caused you; or
- You don’t want to negotiate and try to avoid court, you just want to go to trial and fight; or
- You want a lawyer who will bully your ex-spouse.
Why the Name – Pathway Legal?
The hub of Pathway Legal is situated in our law office at 310 Wale Road. We acknowledge, with respect, that we live and work on the traditional and unceded territories of the Lekwungen peoples, specifically the Esquimalt, Songhees and WSÁNEĆ nations.
We named our law firm Pathway Legal because we see that you are on your own pathway of life. You are on your own path that has included, no doubt, some serious pain and disappointments. You are also on the pathway to your future of hope and possibility.
Val Hemminger, the owner of Pathway Legal and one of its founders walks on forest pathways almost every day. She gets inspiration and ideas on these daily forest walks.
Val believes that being in the forest is a true place of healing. She believes that no matter how stressful life may become, it is impossible to go for a walk on a forest pathway and not come out a better person.
Guiding Your Clear Path Forward
in the Following Areas:
What Previous Clients Say About Pathway Legal’s Help:
Your Money Back Guarantee Consultation: